Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Date Night

Here's a blast from the past photo of Lou & I when we first started dating. WOW! How we have both changed both physically, mentally, emotionally, as a couple, etc... Time is an interesting thing. As our family has grown from the two of us to now the four of us, the time Lou & I have had together has lessened. In almost every "marriage" book or class I've read or taken, I've heard that couples should continue to have date nights even while married. A few weeks ago, Lou & I committed to a weekly date night. We have a babysitter (thank you, Becky) come every Tuesday night and we go on a date. It is so nice to know we have this time together to talk, laugh, discuss, or just sit in quiet with one another. We've done nothing "grand" so far...but it certainly has been something I look forward to at the beginning of the week. While Brewer doesn't like that we are gone every Tuesday; I love telling him that I am going on a date with his daddy. I want Brewer and Maddox to know that Lou & I love each other and make time for each other.

Who knows if Lou & I will continue this date night forever...but we are committing to it until the end of the year and then we'll re-evaluate. So for now, Tuesday is our date night!

0 comments:

Post a Comment