Friday, April 29, 2011

Extreme Couponing


I will admit I like the "thrill" of using a coupon to save some money.  At times, I wonder if I could be an extreme coupon-er.  I don't know if you are watching the new show out called Extreme Couponing.  I have been.  I am amazed by the amounts of food and other products these people store/hide/save.  And I can't help but ask myself if their couponing isn't causing them health issues.  The majority of these couponers on this show are obese.  Now, I'm not the slimmest of people, but I do know that eating 48 Butterfingers is not good for my health.  Yet, many of these couponers appear to be eating all 48 of the Butterfingers they "saved on".  Not to mention all the noodle packages, frozen pizzas, cookies, etc.  Will these people get a bite for reality shows and next I'll see them on the Biggest Loser?  So it makes me question, does couponing (I'm talking extreme type couponing) have a correlation to obesity?  Certainly, it is a rarity to find a coupon for fresh produce...and if these extreme couponers are only purchasing items they have coupons for...then how often are they buying foods that their bodies NEED?

0 comments:

Post a Comment