Saturday, December 24, 2011

Advent - Day 28

Today advent comes to a close...tomorrow is CHRISTMAS!!  The boys are so exciting.  Our home is buzzing.  And I'm feeling a slight bit sad that it's coming to an end.  I just love the entire Christmas season. I love, love, love it!!

Our advent activity today is as old as I am.  I can't remember not doing this growing up, as a single adult, as a married adult and now as a mom.  We will go to church, out to dinner, and then off to look at Christmas lights.  As the evening ends, we will come home to prepare for Santa's arrival -- leaving out cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.  We will leave notes for Santa and go to bed with much anticipation.  A great anticipation...similar to what I felt the night of June 22, 2005, and February 24, 2008, which were the nights I went to sleep knowing I would have a baby the next day.  I think of the anticipation Mary felt on that night when she was about to deliver the Saviour.  Oh, just to pause on this busy and exciting day and think about the whole picture of what Christmas did for me.  What Christmas did for you.  What Christmas has done for the world.  Because of His coming, we are free.

May you and your family have a wonderful, wonderful Christmas!  Blessings to you!

0 comments:

Post a Comment