My mom (known to Brewer and Maddox as Me-Maw) started a tradition of giving the kid's a figurine for their own nativity set each Christmas. She actually gives it to them before December 25th so that they can enjoy it for the whole season.
So far Brewer has:
1. Baby Jesus - the year I was pregnant (2004)
2. Mary and Joseph - his first Christmas (2005)
3. the donkey - his second Christmas (2006)
4. the sheep - 2007
And this year she was planning on giving him the angel except when we pulled out the characters he already had and set them up in his room, he informed us that it wasn't complete b/c he was missing the stable. So this year, he received...
5. the stable - 2008
So far Maddox has:
1. Baby Jesus - the year I was pregnant (2007)
2. Mary and Joseph - his first Christmas (2008)
I am grateful she has started this tradition with the boys. Not only can I remind the boys each year that Me-Maw give this to them; it is also another way to reinforce the real meaning of this Christmas season!